The new Volkswagen Volkswagen’s 2018-2019 lineup is supplemented by the Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace model, a long version of the Volkswagen Tiguan Long with 110 mm wheelbase stretched and a saloon designed for seven. In the review photo, price, equipment and specifications of the European version of the 7-seat crossover Tiguan Allspace, preparing for the official premiere at the Geneva International Motor Show 2017 . Whether Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace will get to Russia is not yet clear, and in Europe, sales of the long Tiguana start this summer at a price of 30,000 euros for a crossover in a basic configuration with a 5-seat saloon (the third row is offered as an option).
Despite the fact that the German company Volkswagen AG is one of the main European manufacturers, the new Tiguan Alspeys lit up in Europe only after the public premiere of new items in America as part of the Detroit Auto Show in January 2017 (overseas, by the way, the usual Tiguan is not for sale). The first to appreciate the high consumer characteristics of Tiguan Allspace are Chinese buyers, in the Celestial market a new 7-seat crossover is offered since mid-December last year 2016 under the name Volkswagen Tiguan L.
Thus, it becomes clear that, firstly, the novelty is a global model, and secondly, with an eye to the premiere, which markets are priority for the long Volkswagen Tiguan, capable of taking on board 7 people.
What is hidden behind the Allspace prefix to the main name of Tiguan, and what is really good is the extended version of the Volkswagen Tiguan 2 generation crossover?
- First, the body of the Tiguan Alspeys is longer in length by as much as 215 mm, compared to the original model’s body, 110 mm of which make up the enlarged wheelbase.
- Secondly, the stretched version of the German crossover in profile looks more harmonious and solid.
- Thirdly, the model has a more hospitable cabin with an increased stock of legroom for second-row passengers by 60 mm and the ability to order two additional seats of the third row.
- Fourthly, in the asset of the new model is a more spacious luggage compartment, allowing to count on useful volumes from 760 to 1920 liters (but this without additional seats offered for extra charge).
Details are pleased with their positivity, but … for everything, as they say, you have to pay. And if the basic Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace package with a petrol 150-horsepower 1.4 TSI, 6 manual gearbox and front-wheel drive pulls for 30,000 euros, then for a typical Volkswagen Tiguan with similar equipment and equipment level, they ask for almost 2000 euro less in Germany. To be precise, it is 28150 euros.
So it makes sense several times to think whether it is worthwhile to lay out an additional couple of thousand euros (about 124,000 rubles) for a larger 215 mm body (110 mm increase in the distance between the axles and a 105 mm increase in the size of the rear overhang), an increase of 60 mm to second-row passengers And the trunk, capable of taking 145 liters more with the standard position of the second row backs and 265 liters, with the addition of the rear seats.
- The exterior dimensions of the body of the Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace 2018-2019 are 4701 mm in length, 1839 mm in width, 1643 mm in height, with 2791 mm of wheelbase and 180-200 mm of ground clearance.
I would like to note that on additional two seats of the third row even adult passengers can comfortably settle, but with two reservations. First, the growth of passengers should not exceed 170 cm, and secondly, it is undesirable to shift the seats of the second row back to the stop (the separate seats of the second row are able to move along the cabin by 180 mm).
With the 7-seat configuration, the useful volume of the luggage compartment is scanty, only 230 liters. When folding the back row of the third row, the luggage compartment volume increases to 700 liters, and under condition of addition and seats of the second row up to 1775 liters.
In terms of equipping the differences between the usual Volkswagen Tiguan and the long version of the Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace is not observed. Traditionally, the German manufacturer offers for its models three levels of complete sets: Trendline, Comfortline and Highline. A wide range of optional options are available, in the form of a glass panoramic roof with a sunroof, electric tailgate, premium audio system from Fender, multimedia systems with a different screen diagonal (Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink), three-zone climate control and the most Modern security systems and electronic assistants.
Technical characteristics of the Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace 2018-2019. Long version of the Tiguan is equipped with three petrol and the same number of diesel engines in the company with 6 manual transmissions or robotic gearboxes 6 DSG and 7 DSG. For an initial petrol and diesel engine with a capacity of 150 horses, the front drive is standard, and the full drive is offered as an option. All other more powerful engines (gasoline and diesel) are equipped with a 4MOTION all-wheel drive system by default.
- The petrol versions of the Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace: 1.4 TSI (150 HP 250 Nm), 2.0 TSI (180 HP 320 Nm) and 2.0 TSI (220 HP 350 Nm).
- The diesel version of the Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace: 2.0 TDI (150 hp 340 Nm), 2.0 TDI (190 hp 400 Nm) and 2.0 TDI (240 hp 500 Nm).