The new Mercedes-Benz A-Class (W177) is officially presented at a special event in Amsterdam on February 2, 2020. In our review of the Mercedes A-Class in 2019-2020 – photos and videos, the price and specifications, specifications of the 4th generation of the German compact premium hatchback. Sales of the new generation Mercedes A-class W177 in Europe and Russia will start in March 2020 immediately after the world premiere of the German hatch at the Geneva Motor Show . According to preliminary information, the price of the 4th generation Mercedes A will be from 25000 euros.
Changing the generation of the Mercedes A-Class was based on the upgraded MFA platform, reinforced steel body with a phenomenally low drag coefficient of 0.25 C, modern exterior design in the style of “Hot and cool”, a revolutionary interior with a two-level front panel and completely virtual instrument panel, a super advanced multimedia system Mercedes User Experience, a roomy interior and trunk, new petrol and diesel engines developed by minders Mercedes-Benz in the co t he with specialists of Renault , robotized gearbox with two wet disc clutch 7G-DCT from a Getrag company, modernized system of a full drive 4Matic with inter-axle clutch that can transmit at blocking the entire thrust to the rear wheels exclusively.
As stated above, the new generation of Mercedes-Benz A-Class (W177) is based on the MFA platform, which is the basis of the predecessor of the third generation of the compact Mercedes-A-class hatchback , but substantially modernized. The body of the novelty is made from steel of various grades, but in the process of preparing the new generation of the model for production, the share of high-strength steels has increased, and a number of innovations have been introduced in the structure of the power carcass of the body. Used reinforced motor board, racks and floor panels, providing greater rigidity of the body for torsion. At the same time, the sound and noise insulation of the passenger compartment was improved by using better quality insulating materials, and the maximum number of airbags now increased to 9, including a pillow protecting the driver’s knees.
Suspension of all-wheel drive versions of the hatchback and modifications of the novelty with powerful motors has not changed (completely independent with the MacPherson struts in the front and the multi-link from the rear), but the basic version of the A-class is now equipped with a simple rear suspension with a torsion bar.
The new Mercedes-Benz A-Class (W177) is externally defiantly handsome, emotional and even aggressive. German designers have awarded the novelty with the exterior in the style of “Hot and cool” (literally in Russian it sounds like “hot and cool”). If you adapt the translation, it is better to call the new design style of the novelty excitingly steep, especially with an eye on the design of the front end and the stern of the premium hatchback.
The face of the new Mercedes A-class resembles the front part of the body of the new Mercedes-Benz CLS sedan with neat, slanting headlights with LED torches in the form of torches (halogen in the base, and for a surcharge two variants of fully LED optics with top offer in the form of matrix headlamps with 18 diodes with each headlight), a compact falshradiator grille with an original design of the protective mesh and a powerful bumper, supplemented by large-sized air intakes. As an option, you can even buy active blinds, located behind the radiator grille and the lower air intake.
On the side of the new generation Mercedes A-Class demonstrates all the attributes of the hot-hatchet: a predatory nose with a sloping bonnet, heavily laden back front roof racks, flowing into the flat surface of the dome, mirrors on the legs, huge circular cutouts of wheel arches, 16-19 inch wheels, large first and second row doors with a high window sill and compact glass, fry someone with a powerful rear roof rack.
The rear of the body of the German hatchback premium looks like the back of an athlete, decorated with a relief of muscles. There is a compact tailgate with a miniature glass, a spoiler topped up, teardrop-shaped lights with LED headlights, a monumental bumper with a diffuser, air duct slots and trapezings of the exhaust system nozzles.
The new Mercedes A-class (W177) is available for order in several versions: basic, Style, Progressive, AMG Line and exclusive Edition 1 (in the photo the car with a gray body color).
- The exterior dimensions of the body of the Mercedes-Benz A-Class (W177) 2019-2020 are 4419 mm in length, 1796 mm (1992 mm including the rear view mirrors) in width, 1440 mm in height, with 2729 mm of wheelbase and 104 mm road clearance.
- The track of the front wheels is 1567 mm, the track of the rear wheels is 1547 mm.
- The length of the front overhang is 914 mm, the length of the rear overhang is 776 mm.
- Geometric characteristics of the body: the angle of entry is 13.4 degrees, the angle of the ramp is 9.4 degrees, the angle of the exit is 17.2 degrees.
In comparison with the predecessor, the body of the new hatchback A-class from Mercedes increased in the dyne by 127 mm, and the distance between the axles increased by 30 mm, in height the model added only 6 mm and 16 mm wide. In this case, the track of the front wheels increased by 18 mm, and the rear track decreased by 1 mm.
The increased external overall dimensions of the body and the completely new architecture of the front panel and the center console have significantly increased the salon of the novelty. Inside the new A-class generation, there is more free space. The width of the cabin at the level of the elbows in the first row is 1457 mm, and in the second row – 1446 mm, at the shoulder level at the front – 1400 mm, and at the rear – 1372 mm. From the pillows of the front seats to the ceiling – 1024 mm, and from the seat of the second row to the ceiling of 960 mm. Luggage compartment length from 822 mm behind the backs of the rear row of seats up to 1327 mm subject to their addition, the height from the boot floor to the ceiling – 734 mm.
Having dealt with the dimensions of the cabin and the luggage compartment, let’s move on to the most luxurious interior in the class of compact luxury hatchbacks … yes, this is exactly the interior of the new Mercedes A-Class W177. The interior design of the German hatch is really revolutionary, and I can not believe that we are in front of the showroom of the youngest representative of Mercedes.
There is a two-level front panel with ventilation ventilations in aviation style and LED lighting from the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe , an excellent and stylish multifunctional steering wheel, an exclusively virtual instrument panel and a touchscreen multimedia display, sports seats for the driver and front passenger, original door cards with elegant handrails, futuristic console and a chic tunnel between the first-row seats, contoured LED interior lighting with 64 shades of light.
Particular attention will be paid to the virtual instrument panel in the company with the screen of the multimedia complex. For the new generation A-class, the manufacturer offers three options for the design of the instrument panel and the central display:
- The initial level with two 7.0-inch color screens (dashboard and multimedia).
- The second version with a 7-inch screen dashboard and a 10.25-inch display multimedia system.
- Top version with a pair of 10.25-inch color screens, providing the driver with a multifunction instrument panel and advanced multimedia system Mercedes User Experience (MBUX).
In addition to such advanced equipment, customers of the new generation Mercedes A-Class will be able to order a projection display, sports or multi-circuit seats with massage, heating and ventilation, various interior trim options, and a wide range of security systems and electronic assistants for their car.
Specifications Mercedes-Benz A-Class (W177) 2019-2020 year.
With the start of sales, the new A-Class will receive three versions with two petrol engines and one turbo diesel engine.
- Diesel Mercedes A180d with four-cylinder modernized 1.5-liter turbo diesel Renault (116 hp 260 Nm) paired with 6 manual gears or “robot” 7G-DCT accelerates from 0 to 100 km / h in 10.4 seconds and is satisfied with a minimum of 4.1 liters of fuel, max speed of 202 km / h.
The petrol versions of the novelty are presented by the versions of Mercedes-Benz A200 and Mercedes-Benz A250.
- Mercedes A200 turbocharged four-cylinder engine M282, developed jointly by Mercedes-Benz and Renault. The initial 1.33-liter engine (163 HP 250 Nm) works in tandem with 6 MKPP (7G-DCT) and provides the hatchback with a dynamic acceleration from 0 to 100 km for 8.2 (8.0) seconds. The fuel consumption for every 100 km of the road in a combined mode of movement is 5.1-5.6 liters, the maximum speed is 225 km / h.
- The Mercedes A250 is equipped with a four-cylinder 2.0-liter turbocharged M260 engine generating 224 hp and 350 Nm of maximum torque. The powerful engine works exclusively in conjunction with the robotic 7G-DCT transmission and provides the hatchback with 0 to 100 kmh acceleration in just 6.2 seconds and a top speed of 250 km / h (electronically limited). The fuel consumption declared by the manufacturer is only 6.0 liters in mixed mode.