The new ultimatum pick-up Ford Ranger Raptor is officially presented and is preparing to enter the markets of Southeast Asia and Australia in the second half of 2020. In our review of the Ford Ranger Raptor 2019-2020 – photos and videos, the price and specifications, the seriously loaded and charged version of the Ford Ranger pickup truck, equipped with a 213-hp 2.0 Bi-Turbo diesel, 10 automatic transmission, a hard-wired all-wheel drive and powerful brakes . The production of the new Ford Ranger Raptor pickup starts in May 2020 at Ford Motor Company in Thailand, the price of the new product will be about 75,000 Australian dollars (more than 58,000 US dollars). We want to add that before the end of this year, Ford intends to prepare the Raptor Ranger with a gasoline engine for America.
The pickup Ford Ranger Raptor can safely be considered the younger brother of the model Ford F-150 Raptor . Both Ford models are extreme pickups with reinforced suspension, powerful motors, sports brakes, BF Goodrich off-road tires, all-wheel drive and, of course, impressive ground clearance. Such a technical arsenal makes it possible to move with greater confidence and speed over rough terrain, make jumps, storm sand dunes and not passable roads for ordinary, civil versions of the same pick-up trucks.
The Ford Ranger Raptor is quite seriously different from the simple Ford Ranger. There is not only a more brutal appearance of the extreme pioneer, solved with the help of a falshradiatron grille, decorated with a large FORD inscription, more compact bumpers and a powerful plastic body kit than the usual Ranger pickup, but a lot of original technical details.
- First, the frame of the extreme pickup was seriously strengthened, which allowed not only to increase the cargo capacity when towing (front towing hooks are designed for a mass of 4500 kg, rear for 3800 kg, the towing device will allow to tow a trailer with a total weight of up to 2500 kg), but also provide car more viability.
- Secondly, instead of the usual shock absorbers, amplitude-dependent shock absorbers from Fox Racing Shox are installed (on a flat road they provide excellent smoothness of the course, and on impassability a phenomenal energy intensity).
- Thirdly, the rear suspension is spring-loaded, and the rear axle bridge is complemented by the Watt mechanism, which provides a smaller lateral displacement of the rear beam.
- Fourth, the track of the front and rear wheels is expanded compared to the original model of the pickup truck by as much as 150 mm to an impressive 1710 mm.
- Fifth, the ground clearance is increased by 60 mm to 283 mm, and the installation of more compact bumpers increased the angles of entry and exit.
- Sixth, the engine from below is protected by a powerful steel sheet 2.3 mm thick.
How do you like this set of improvements? However, this does not stop there. The Ford Ranger Raptor is standardly equipped with a toothy off-road BF Goodrich 285/70 R17 tires, light-alloy 17-inch wheel disks with an original design and powerful brakes, like a sports car with 322 mm brake discs for front and rear wheels (two piston calipers in front , and behind one piston). Extreme pick-up is available only in one body version with double-cab SuperCrew.
- The external dimensions of the body of the Ford Ranger Raptor 2019-2020 are 5398 mm in length, 2180 mm in width, 1873 mm in height, with 3220 mm of wheelbase and 283 mm of ground clearance.
- Geometric parameters of the pickup body: the angle of entry is 32.5 degrees, the angle of the ramp is 24 degrees, the angle of the exit is 24 degrees.
Salon of the new extreme pickup Ford Ranger Raptor sports notes of interior details, high-quality materials and very rich equipment. There is a sports, multifunctional steering wheel with a stylish red mark in the zero zone, a highly informative instrument panel with a color screen of the on-board computer, an advanced Sync 3 media system with an 8-inch color touchscreen, climate control, first-row sports seats with pronounced lateral support, combined leather trim, aluminum pedals.
Specifications Ford Ranger Raptor 2019-2020.
For the new pickup, the diesel engine with a twin turbocharged 2.0 TDCi (213 HP 500 Nm) is paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission by default. Extreme pickup Ranger Raptor is equipped as standard with all-wheel drive and a system of selecting driving modes with the steering wheel control button (changes the performance of the engine and electronic systems) with 6 preset modes: Normal, Sport, Grass-Gravel-Snow , gravel or snow), Mud-Sand (mud or sand), Rock (stones) and Baja for annealing on the steppes, deserts and fields.
It remains only to add that the American version of the pickup Ford Ranger Raptor will get a powerful gasoline engine. Will it be a four-cylinder 2.3 EcoBoost turbo engine from a conventional Ford Ranger, but with increased power, or the six-cylinder 2.7L EcoBoost (325 hp 506 Nm) and 3.5L EcoBoost V6 (375 hp 635 Nm) from the Ford F-150 pickup , not yet known. It’s scary to think if the Americans decide to install a 450-strong engine from Ford’s older brother F-150 Raptor to the Ford Ranger … that’s the beast that will turn out.