The new Citroen C4 Aircross is presented publicly in China at the Beijing Auto Show 2020 and is ready to enter the local market early in the summer. The production of the new Citroën C4 Aircross is already engaged in the plant of the joint venture Dongfeng Peugeot Citroen Automobile in the Chinese city of Wuhan. In our review of the Citroen C4 Aircross 2019-2020 – photos and videos, the price and specifications, specifications of the extended Citroen C3 Aircross for the Chinese market.
The new Citroën C4 Aircross will be located in the Citroen model lineup in the local market between Citroen C3-XR and Citroen C5 Aircross . The price of the new Citroen C4 Aircross in China will be 140,000-180,000 yuan (more than 1381-1677 thousand rubles).
At once it is necessary to note that the new C4 Aircross has nothing to do with the previous generation of the model , which is a transfigured version of the Japanese crossover Mitsubishi ASX . And created a concern PSA based on the Citroen C3 Aircross, sold both in Europe.
It’s interesting that the new C4 Aircross will probably become a global model and will be launched in the European, Russian and some other markets … the timing of the start of sales, unfortunately, the representatives of the French concern PSA are silent.
What are the external differences between the Citroën C4 Aircross and the original Citroën C3 Aircross model:
- First, the novelty of the Chinese market increased the wheelbase by 51 mm;
- secondly, the overall overall length of the body was increased by 120 mm;
- Thirdly, the proportions of the SUV (the front and rear overhangs of the body became more compact, the roof became longer and even, the doorways increased in size);
- Fourth, the lower parts of the side doors got airbagps.
- As a result, the outer overall dimensions of the Citroen C4 Aircross 2019-2020 are 4275 mm in length, 1756 mm in width, 1637 mm in height, with 2655 mm of wheelbase and 170 mm of ground clearance.
- Standard new car park is equipped with 17-inch wheel disks with rubber 215/50 R17.
It would seem that the changes in appearance are minimal, but the Citroën C4 Aircross looks much more solid than the original Citroen C3 Aircross.
The interior of the new C4 Aircross parquet from Citroen to the Chinese market as a whole almost completely replicates the salon of the C3 Aircross donor model, but of course there are differences:
- First, there is a steering wheel with 4 neat knitting needles and a multimedia system with an 8-inch screen from the older Citroen C5 Aircross model;
- Secondly, passengers of the rear row of seats are allocated more legroom (thanks to an enlarged wheelbase at 51 mm);
- Third, the novelty has a noticeably larger luggage compartment than the Citroen C3 Aircross;
- The dimensions of the luggage compartment of the new Citroen C4 Aircross are of 690-1530 mm in length, 990 mm in width, 700-850 mm in height. So the useful volume varies from 478 liters behind the backs of the rear seats to 1380 liters, with the addition of a separate 40/60 seatback in the rear row.
In terms of equipping advanced and modern equipment, the new Citroen for the Celestial market will please potential buyers with a lot of chips:
- a highly informative instrument panel with a monochrome trip computer screen;
- multifunctional steering wheel and climate control;
- a modern multimedia system with an 8-inch color touch screen (Android Auto, Apple Car Play, MirrorLink, navigation, rear view camera, 4G internet);
- a driver’s seat with electric adjustment and a keyless access system and a start / stop button for the engine;
- Active Safety Brake and Park Assist, the system for tracking traffic signs / physical condition of the driver, Blind Spot Monitoring System and Lane Departure Warning System, Grip Control and Hill Assist;
- a platform for wireless charging of smartphones and a projection display;
- panoramic glass roof with a hatch equipped with electric drive;
combined leather trim.
Technical characteristics of Citroen C4 Aircross 2019-2020.
For the new parquet, exclusively powerful petrol turbo engines are available, working in tandem with 6 manual transmissions and 6 automatic transmissions, a drive to the front wheels.
- The initial three-cylinder engine is 1.2 PureTech (136 HP 230 Nm).
- More powerful four-cylinder 1.6 THP (167 hp 245 Nm).