The BMW 2019-2020 model lineup is replenished with a new third-generation BMW X3 crossover, which was unveiled publicly in the US city of Spartanburg on June 26, 2020, as part of a special event. The official world premiere of the new BMW X3 (G01) is scheduled for mid-September 2020 in Frankfurt (Frankfurt Motor Show). We offer our readers an overview of the 3rd generation BMW X3 – photos, videos, prices, specifications and technical specifications of the latest German SUV. The start of the world sales of the new generation of the BMW X3 (G01) is scheduled for the end of 2020-beginning of 2020 at a price of approximately 42,000 euros for the basic equipment of the novelty.
The German company BMW AG introducing the new generation of the popular crossover BMW X3 did not begin to trade out on trifles, but rolled out the most powerful 360-strong version of the car park – the BMW X3 M40i.
In addition to the hurricane crossover BMW X3 M40i, capable of firing from 0 to 100 km in just 4.8 seconds, it is planned to offer fans of the Bavarian brand and less temperamental models: diesel BMW X3 M40d, BMW X3 xDrive30d and BMW X3 xDrive20d, as well as petrol versions BMW X3 SDrive20i and BMW X3 xDrive20i, BMW X3 xDrive30i. A little later the manufacturer will expand the lineup of the new generation X3 hybrid and fully electric versions.
At the heart of the new generation of the crossover BMW X3 (the index of the model G01) is the newest truck new CLAR platform, so in the soplatformennikov the novelty includes new models BMW 5-Series and BMW 7-Series , as well as BMW 6-Series Gran Turismo . The new cart allowed not only to bring the crossover to a higher level in terms of equipping with super advanced security systems, electronic assistants and multimedia complexes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, but also to increase the overall dimensions of the body in comparison with the predecessor BMW X3 (F25) . At the same time, the curb weight of the new generation of the BMW X3 crossover is even less on average 55-80 kg than in the 2-generation model.
The standard SUV comes with 18-inch wheels, and 19, 20 and 21-inch wheels are available as options.
- The exterior dimensions of the body of the new BMW X3 (G01) 2019-2020 are 4708 mm in length, 1891 mm in width, 1676 mm in height, with 2,864 mm of wheelbase and 203 mm of ground clearance.
- The BMW X3 M40i version is even larger: the body length is 4716 mm and the width is 1897 mm.
- The parameters of the geometric patency of the body of the novelty are: the angle of entry is 23.1 degrees, the angle of the ramp being overcome is 17.4 degrees, the angle of the exit is 21.4 degrees.
- Depth of ford is almost 500 mm.
Before us is a real SUV, but with an attractive, stylish and streamlined bodywork. The coefficient of the front wind resistance of the body is 0.29 Cx. In this case, the SUV can boast an ideal 50:50 weight distribution along the axes like a sports car.
The new X-3 looks excellent, as befits a BMW model. There is a proprietary falshradiator grille (BMW nostrils), hexagonal headlights with Adaptive LED or Icon Adaptive Full LED filling, a front bumper with fancy contours and facets.
Side of the body of the German crossover with a long hood, sloping roofline, huge cutouts of wheel arches and frying stern looks like a real athlete – assembled, aggressive and purposeful.
The rear of the body is also not devoid of aggressiveness and excitement: a compact bumper, large parking lights with three-dimensional LED graphics, a tailgate with a compact glass, topped with a spoiler, and a high vertical part.
The new generation of BMW X3 will perfectly fit into the company of crossovers BMW X5 and BMW X6 . The novelty visually looks no worse than the more expensive relatives, both outside and inside. The new BMW X3 (G01) is a typical representative of compact premium SUV, so the design of the cabin and the equipment of the novelty with the most diverse equipment promises to be at the highest level. And how can it be otherwise, because before us is the Bavarian crossover, and in the competition it has new Audi Q5 , Jaguar F-Pace , Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Velar , Lexus RX , Mercedes-Benz GLC , Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe and Volvo XC60 .
The salon of the new BMW X3 pleases with high-quality materials of finish, verified by ergonomics, focused primarily on the driver, and a huge set of equipment that provides comfort, entertainment and safety for all crew members. In general, the front part of the crossover cabin is very similar to the cockpit of the new generation of the Bavarian “five”.
As an option, novelty buyers can order a digital instrument panel with 12.3-inch multi-function display, three-zone climate control, front seats with heating, ventilation and massage surrounding the background LED interior lighting, a multimedia system with a 10.25-inch color screen , The Head-Up Display, the CoPilot autopilot (Active Cruise Control with the Stop & Go function and the car holding system in the lane), the BMW Display Key (remote activation of the heater and information on the amount of fuel in the Bake) and other modern chips.
The luggage compartment can accept from 550 to 1600 liters, there is a separate 40/20/40 folding back of the rear seats.
Specifications of the 3 generation BMW X3 2019-2020. Suspension of the new crossover BMW X3 completely independent – two levers in front and five levers at the rear with optional adaptive shock absorbers. The following systems are standard: Driving Stability Control and Anti-lock Braking System Dynamic Traction Control and Automatic Differential Brake, Cornering Brake Control and Dynamic Brake Control Start-Off Assistant and Performance Control, as well as Hill Descent Control and a switch that modifies the Driving Dynamics Control ECO PRO, COMFORT, SPORT and SPORT + exclusively for the BMW X3 M40i version).
On the market, the new BMW X3 (G01) comes out with petrol and diesel engines BMW TwinPower Turbo in the company with an automatic 8-speed Steptronic transmission.
Diesel BMW X3 2019-2020:
- The BMW X3 xDrive20d with a four-cylinder 2.0-liter diesel engine (190 hp 400 Nm) accelerates from 0 to 100 km / h in 8.0 seconds, a top speed of 213 km / h, an average diesel consumption of 5.0-5.4 liters.
- The BMW X3 xDrive30d with a six-cylinder 3.0-liter turbo diesel (265 hp 620 Nm) accelerates from 0 to 100 kmh in 5.8 seconds, a top speed of 240 kmh, an average diesel fuel consumption of 5.7-6.0 liters.
- It is also expected 320-strong BMW X3 M40d.
Gasoline versions of the BMW X3 2019-2020:
- BMW X3 sDrive20i (BMW X3 xDrive20i) with a four-cylinder 2.0-liter turbo engine (184 HP 290 Nm) accelerates to the first hundred in 8.3 seconds, the maximum speed is 215 km / h, the average gas consumption is 7.4 (7.2) Liter.
- The BMW X3 xDrive30i with a petrol 2.0-liter turbo four (252 HP 350 Nm) is doing an acceleration exercise from 0 to 100 kmph in 6.3 seconds, a top speed of 240 km / h, and a combined fuel consumption of 7.4 liters.
- BMW X3 M40i with a powerful petrol six-cylinder turbocharged 3.0-liter engine (360 hp 500 Nm) fires up to 100 kmh in just 4.8 seconds, the maximum speed is limited by electronics at around 250 km / h, the average fuel consumption is 8,2-8 , 4 liters.