Sales of the new Mercedes X-pickup truck will start in November 2020 in the European market at a price of 37,294 euros. In early 2020, the novelty will enter the markets of Australia and South Africa, and only in the spring of next year it will reach Russia.
The Mercedes-Benz X-Class pickup has become one of the most anticipated automotive innovations this year for one simple reason, because before us is the first car in the history of the German company from Stuttgart with Pickup. That’s only the Mercedes X-class can not be called a full-fledged brainchild of the concern Daimler. Rather, we have an ordinary badge-engineering product created under the roof of two automotive giants Daimler and Renault-Nissan. So the new Mercedes-Benz X-Class is a revamped variant of the Nissan Navara pickup truck with a more stylish and expressive appearance, a more qualitative and refined interior, with a large set of modern options and, of course, a higher price.
Pick-up Mercedes-Benz X-class enters the market exclusively with a double cabin in three versions.
The basic version of the X-Class Pure is a real pickup for working with unadorned bumpers and rearview mirror housings, steel 17-inch wheel disks made of steel, halogen headlamps, Spartan by Mercedes standards (black tunja seat upholstery, mechanical front seats adjustment , Air conditioning, a simple audio system Audio 20 USB with 4 speakers, plastic floor finish, 6 manual transmission), 7 airbags, stabilization system).
The next version of the X-Class Progressive (in the photo pickup yellow) will please potential owners with a more noble body and interior. In the presence of front and rear bumpers, as well as rear-view mirror bodies painted in body color, electric drive and heated exterior mirrors, 17-inch alloy wheels, leather seats, steering wheel finishes, manual control knobs and parking brake leather, carpet on the floor, Audio 20 USB infotainment system with 8 speakers, decorative inserts for aluminum in the cabin.
At the top is a rich version of the X-Class Power (white pickup truck) with a mass of chrome-plated details adorning the body from the outside, a chic saloon supplemented with a mass of advanced equipment. The pick-up of the maximally packaged version of the Power features a chrome front and rear bumper trim, 18-inch alloy wheels, all-LED headlamps and rear light bulbs with partial LED fill, combination seats (ARTICO leather and DINAMICA microfibre), driver’s and front passenger seats With electrical adjustment, climate control, keyless entry system and the engine start / stop button, multimedia system Audio 20 CD with 7-inch color screen.
As additional equipment for all versions of the new Mercedes X-class pickup, four-zone climate control, a multimedia navigation system with a navigation system, an all-round view system, advanced electronic systems providing automatic braking, holding a pickup in the lane and monitoring traffic signs are offered.
For Progressive and Power versions (Style package) 19-inch alloy wheels, tinted rear windows, side steps withstand a load of 150 kg are available. But the stylish steel arc behind the cabin is a separate option.
- The exterior dimensions of the body of the Mercedes-Benz X-Class 2019-2020 are quite impressive and are 5340 mm in length, 1920 mm in width, 1819 mm in height, with 3150 mm of wheelbase.
- The track of the front wheels is 1632 mm, the track of the rear wheels is 1625 mm.
- German pickup full-fledged SUV with a solid ground clearance of 202 mm and the ability to storm serious off-road. For a fee, the clearance can be increased to an impressive 221 mm.
- Mercedes X-class is able to overcome the water obstacle depth of 600 mm, climb the hill with an angle of 45 degrees and overcome the road sections with a transverse angle of inclination of 49.8 degrees.
- The dimensions of the cargo platform of the German pickup are 1587 mm in length, 1560 mm in width, with the height of the side of 474 mm. As a paid option, an add-on is offered – a hard top with a lining of the inside with quality materials and LED backlighting.
Specifications of the Mercedes-Benz X-Class 2019-2020 year. In technical terms, the Mercedes pickup exactly copies the filling of the Navar truck from Nissan. Front suspension with double wishbones, rear with a continuous bridge, fastened to the frame with a five-link suspension. In the presence of coil springs, anti-roll bars front and rear, passive shock absorbers.
Under the hood of the Mercedes X-class pickup petrol and diesel engines Renault-Nissan, as well as 6 manual transmissions and 7 automatic transmissions of the Franco-Japanese alliance.
From the start of sales, the novelty is offered with three motors.
- The petrol version of Mercedes-Benz X200 with a 2.5-liter atmospheric four-cylinder engine with a capacity of 165 forces. A pickup with this engine is offered exclusively with 6 manual gearboxes and a drive to the rear wheels.
Diesel Pickup Mercedes-Benz X-Class:
- Mercedes-Benz X220d with a 2.3-liter turbo diesel (163 hp 403 Nm).
- Mercedes-Benz X250d with a 2.3-liter turbo diesel engine (190 hp 450 Nm).
With diesel engines, the pickup can be equipped with either a rear-wheel drive or an all-wheel drive. Gearboxes to choose from 6-speed “mechanics” or 7-speed “automatic”.
In mid-2020, a powerful diesel version of the Mercedes-Benz X350d with V6 Turbo Diesel (258 hp 550 Nm) with a 7-speed automatic transmission 7G-TRONIC PLUS and a fixed permanent four-wheel drive system 4MATIC all-wheel drive will enter the market in mid-2020.