The new cars of the BMW 2019-2020 range represent the updated versions of the BMW 2-Series Active Tourer and the BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer, which are about to enter the market in the spring of 2020. Having survived the restyling 5-seater compact BMW 2-series Active Tourer and his 7-seater BMW 2-Series Grand Tour got a refined appearance, altered and improved interior, modernized gasoline and diesel engines. We offer our readers an overview of the latest BMW models of the BMW 2-Series Active Tourer and the BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer 2019-2020 with photos and videos, prices and specifications, and compact premium van specifications.
The start of sales of the updated versions of the German compacts in Europe is scheduled for March 2020 at a price of 27,500 euros for the 5-seat BMW 2-Series Active Tourer and from 28,750 euros for the 7-seat version of the BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer. The cost of the recharged hybrid BMW 225xe iPerformance Active Tourer will be from 39300 euros. The updated BMW 2-Series Active Tourer will appear in Russia in the middle of the spring of 2020 even despite the unimportant sales of the pre-reform version of the compact van, which is a modest 175 copies for 11 months in 2019. Seven-brother BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer and hybrid BMW 225xe iPerformance Active Tourer Russians again will not get.
Having survived the restyling of the BMW 2-Series Active Tourer and the BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer, they acquired a refined and more modern appearance. During the renovation, the designers awarded minivans with modified bumpers and falshradiator grilles, modernized LED fog lamps with a different form of plafonds, renewed headlights and rear marker lamps. From now on, all versions of compact vans, with the exception of the hybrid version, are flaunted by double pipes of the exhaust system (diameter of the nozzles is 90 mm).
By the tradition, when new models were updated, new versions of enamel colors for body painting (two new colors, beige – Jucaro Beige and orange – Sunset Orange), as well as 17, 18 and 19-inch alloy wheels with new patterns were obtained.
- The external dimensions of the body of the BMW 2-Series Active Tourer 2019-2020 are 4354 mm in length, 1800 mm in width, 1555 mm in height, with 2,679 mm of wheelbase.
- Compact BMW 2-series Active Tourer is able to take on board 5 people, and if necessary provide a luggage compartment with the ability to take from 468 to 1510 liters.
- The exterior dimensions of the body of the BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer 2019-2020 are 4568 mm in length, 1800 mm in width, 1608 mm in height, with a 2780 mm wheelbase.
- Minivan BMW 2-Series Grand Tour with a 7-seat saloon and a more spacious luggage compartment, allowing you to maximize the useful volume of 1905 liters.
The interior of the updated versions of German compacts has changed minimally. The manufacturer announces the presence of a modernized instrument panel, more comfortable controls for the Steptronic 7-speed robotic transmission with two clutch discs and eight Steptronic automatic transmissions, an enhanced BMW ConnectedDrive multimedia system, new driver’s and front passenger seats with extended cushion length and new types of fabric and leather for upholstery.
The equipment of the updated versions of the BMW 2-Series Active Tourer and the BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer is quite rich: multimedia systems with touch screens 6.5 or 8.8 inches, dual-zone climate control, smartphone wireless charging area, adaptive cruise control , adaptive LED headlights, LED fog lights and parking lights, plug-in autopilot and other attributes of representatives of the primitive class.
Technical specifications of the BMW 2-Series Active Tourer and BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer 2019-2020.
The main technical innovation of the updated minivans can safely be considered a robotic 7-speed gearbox with two clutch discs, replacing the 6 automatic transmission Steptronic. In the ranks were, by the way, and 6 MKPP, and 8 automatic transmission Steptronic.
Gasoline and diesel engines installed under the hood of the Bavarian compacts survived the modernization, which resulted in greater efficiency and better fuel efficiency of the engines. The youngest three-cylinder 1.5-liter engine became more powerful for 7 horses and received a greater torque for 10 Nm.
The BMW 2-Series Active Tourer is offered with four gasoline engines, three diesel engines and a hybrid powerplant.
- BMW 216i Active Tourer (109 hp), BMW 218i Active Tourer (140 hp), BMW 220i Active Tourer (192 hp) and BMW 225i xDrive Active Tourer (231 hp).
- BMW 216d Active Tourer (119 hp), BMW 218d Active Tourer / BMW 218d xDrive Active Tourer (150 hp) and BMW 220d Active Tourer / BMW 220d xDrive Active Tourer (190 hp).
The hybrid 225xe iPerformance Active Tourer comes with a 224-horsepower powerplant.
The 7-seater compact BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer comes with three petrol and three diesel engines.
- BMW 216i Gran Tourer (109 hp), BMW 218i Gran Tourer (140 hp), BMW 220i Gran Tourer (192 hp).
- The BMW 216d Gran Tourer (119 hp), the BMW 218d Gran Tourer / BMW 218d xDrive Gran Tourer (150 hp) and the BMW 220d Gran Tourer / BMW 220d xDrive Gran Tourer (190 hp).