VW Passat B6 model can hardly be called old, because it was produced from 2005 to 2010. Consider based on feedback from owners in detail the advantages and disadvantages of used cars in the secondary market, so to speak, peremoem all the bones and concluded that it is important to bear in mind if you want to buy a 2018-2019 Volkswagen Passat B6 with mileage, any typical malfunctions are found on the sedans and wagons Passat B6 b / y.
At all times, 2018-2019 Volkswagen cars have been one of the best and most popular in the world. Most of their main advantage – high reliability and real German build quality. However, afford to buy a brand new Passat can not everyone. That is why car owners in Russia, and certainly still very many countries are showing significant interest in the car market b / a, where sedans and station wagons (petrol and diesel) 2018-2019 Volkswagen Passat B6 with mileage quoted quite not bad, as in other matters, and the precursor the Passat the B5 the 2018-2019 Volkswagen .
Engines TDI FSI TFSI in the Passat B6 city reviews
The heart of the car is perhaps the most important indicator for this motorist. What are the most popular options, and what they are good / bad?
Engine 2018-2019 Volkswagen Passat B6 2.0 FSI – User aspirated volume of 2.0 liters, made to light until 2007, is not considered the best option among Tradewinds. They often appear the following problems that require repair or perenastroek:
- a difficult start in cold weather (which, incidentally, is solved migrate ECU);
- although the Passat B6 2.0 FSI manufacturer promises 90 thous. km run without replacing the timing belt, timing belt is subject to increased wear, and in fact, the problem may arise after the 60 th .;
- very likely open the corrugations on the exhaust system.
Passat B6 engine 2.0 TFSI – User turbo engine version 2.0 is more appropriate for lovers of power, because the dynamics of acceleration is beautiful: from 0 to 100 in some 7.6 seconds! Yes, that is the only minus at the same time because the previous owner could well compacted motor. Another characteristic weaknesses 2,0 TFSI not found.
The engine 1.8 TFSI – appeared in the line of motors for the model somewhere in 2008. With him noted more problems:
- with more mileage begin to falter solenoid valves of the turbine;
- breaking the high-pressure pump;
- somewhere in the 60 thousand require replacement intake manifold;
- Timing fully come into disrepair and stretched, due to wear gidronatyazhitelya.
The most powerful engine – 3.2 FSI. Passat B6 with SIF besides the obvious huge expense, as a rule, subject to the same ills as its weaker brethren (problems with the timing and gidonatyazhitelem). Common problems of some of the options for the power plant of the above, (specifically FSI), should include the issue in the form of refusal to work the ignition coil.
Reviews of the VW Passat B6 diesel (1.6, 1.9, 2.0 TDI) leads to the conclusion that from diesel engines for those wishing to buy cars with mileage a better choice of engines, equipped with the system Sommon Rail (produced since 2008). Older engines with unit injectors is very sensitive to diesel fuel of low quality, which is usually “die” to 100 thousand. Mileage.
Drive 2018-2019 Volkswagen Passat B6 city reviews
Almost all the models Passat B6 have front-wheel drive. However, if you wish, you can find a used / have a car with four-wheel drive 4Motion. The system has been substantially revised and replaced the mechanical differential Haldex clutch. According to the reviews of the owners, four-wheel drive Passat B6 (4Motion) – an excellent system that has no particular drawbacks. In normal mode, it submits 100% of torque to the front axle, and if the front-wheel drive car to lose grip the distribution is equal on both axes.
Boxes gear manual transmission and automatic transmission in the VW Passat B6 city reviews
There are three different options for CAT Passat B6.
Mechanics on the Passat B6 (especially if manual transmission mated to a diesel engine) – quickly wears out and becomes unusable DMF (becomes clear when a uncharacteristic knock when pulling away). The machine model year of 2008 or sometimes broken gear synchronizer 1 speed.
Reviews of the VW Passat B6 machine say that the box Tiptronic automatic transmission in the cars with mileage often suffers due to rapid wear of valves units responsible for the transition from one program to another. twitching car appears.
Robotic DSG is on the Passat B6 – the robot suffers from a problem with the mechatronics unit (at the big run). Often the need to replace the whole unit, but sometimes makes a readjustment.
Front and rear suspension Passat B6 city
When choosing a used Passat B6 is necessary to carefully inspect front and rear suspension, which will tell about the actual mileage of the car. The first in the front suspension at the turn of 50-60 thousand. Km of worn silent blocks of front levers, to 100 thousand. Km, as a rule, become useless stabilizer, and to 120 thousands of silent blocks subframe. The most durable parts in the front suspension – ball joints that can go more than 200 thousand.
The rear suspension on the Passat B6 more durable and reliable. First 80-100 thousand. Km breakup have to change levers, then at run of 100-120 thousand. Km require replacement stabilizer. The rest of the rear suspension elements require attention after 200 thousand.
The steering rack on the Passat B6 city
All cars VW Passat fitted with an electric booster steering rod. On models that went on sale until 2008, often appears a problem: rail hub too worn to 70-90 thousand km. It emerged in a strange knocking rails when driving on uneven sections of the roadway. After 2008 the problem persists, reworking the entire assembly.
Elektroruchnik Passat B6 city
Perhaps this piece is a sort of Achilles heel Passat B6 (ie a weak point). Button, which is responsible for the mechanism, often does not work. In rare cases there is a problem with the very electric.
Disadvantages 2018-2019 Volkswagen Passat B6 city ratings
- The first and most the main disadvantage – the average market price is inflated, for b / y car. Yes, this is a business class, but it’s a real German, but it’s still not a new …
- Problems with electronics (radio, engine start button, elektroruchnik, air-conditioning controls, etc.).
- Small rust in places chips.
- Slightly inflated feed complicates parking, especially if you have not previously had to drive a bulky sedans or wagons.
- Problems with timing, and ribbed gidronatyazhitelyami intake system.
- Dear body and internal parts.
- Fast failure of the silent-blocks (especially the front).
- Breakdown of the high-pressure pump.
Advantages of the car:
- The machine is practically not subject to corrosion, body parts are changed only after the difficult conditions of a sedan.
- at the level of safety. At the time, she got 5/5 star Euro NCAP.
- finishing materials – at the height, because it is a German business-class.
- Comfortable chairs, excellent lateral support, a wide adjustment range.
- Huge selection of powerplants, from diesel engines to turbocharged aspirated.
- The big plus include the presence of models with all-wheel drive.
- High controllability and stability on the road.
- Rich equipment.
- Durable rear suspension.